Adsense

Basix


At last, after 2 months of waiting to reserve at Basix, finally me and my family had tried eating here. It was supposed to be a Father's Day and birthday celebration but we have to move it since the reservations at Basix was always full during weekends.



Basix is located at the ground floor of Dusit Thani Hotel in Makati. Upon entering, the buffet will welcome you left and right. The buffet was spacious because its located along the hallway of the restaurant.


These are the cold cuts or some of their appetizers. The yellow ones were vegetable, next was chicken, pork then peppered beef with different sauces above them.


This is the kebab or Tandoori section where you can try lamb, pork, chicken and beef kebab plus this is the place where they make naan and Papadum, which is thinner and had an after taste.


This is the fresh salad section, where as you could made-your-own variants.


Sorry for this picture but this was the roasted beef section and the grilling section of the seafoods.


Plate 1: Steamed rice, soup and some chicken and beef. The soup was tasty and delicious and everything with rice would really satisfy me.


Plate 2: Salad plate. I think I got too much alfalfa and fewer sauce.


Plate 3: I tried all the cold cuts and the different viands of pasta.


These are some South Asian cuisines or should I say appetizers and/or desserts. I only tried one dessert here and I really really loved its sweetness!


Plate 4: (From lower left clockwise) Raw fish, mixed cold seafoods, beef, and the next three were I think an Indian food then the naan. The orange ball at the center was a Gulab jamun, which is a South Asian dessert and it's really really sweet and addictive!


Plate 5: Grilled shrimps, this was really scrumptious and melts in your mouth. Beside it was the lam chops, which is so tender and juicy.


Of  course, the dessert section was really tempting because of its presentation.


Plate 6: There's no label for the desserts, so I just got what I want and tried something that tempted me to get. This is like a pudding with fruits on the side but it was really had a great not so sweet taste.


Plate 7: I also got this miniature carrot cake. All I can say is that most of the carrot cakes have that yummy moist taste.


Plate 8: This is another pudding-like dessert without no name but this is very delicious and you'll be craving for more of this one!


This is the crepe section. you could choose different kinds of fruits, toppings and sweet sauce.


Plate 9: I choose the mango and almonds combination and a vanilla sauce for the sauce. Great!


A chocolate fountain is also available, where you could dip some marshmallows or fruit slices. Ice cream and make-your-own halo-halo was also present. There's also a Japanese and Filipino section of the buffet but I didn't tried anything from there since they are already available anywhere.


I really loved this Gulab jamun and I think it was the best-seller dessert because the container of this was always empty. I wonder where else could I buy this crazy sweet dessert?

I was expecting that Basix would also serve Thai cuisine since the Hotel itself was Thai-themed but there was separate restaurant for their Thai cuisine, which is the Benjarong.

The food here tasted really really great for me and as far as all the other buffets I've tried at the other hotels, this one was my top choice as for now and again thanks to Cash Cash Pinoy for the discounted promo! I only got the buffet for Php 699 with unlimited drinks included from its original price of Php 1,398! More buffets to come... c",)

~~~~~
Basix
G/F Dusit Thani Manila
Ayala Centre, Makati City
T: (02) 238-8888

Comments :

0 comments to “Basix”

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Translate to Arabic Translate to Bulgarian Translate to Simplified Chinese Translate to Traditional Chinese Translate to Croatian Translate to Czech Translate to Danish TTranslate to Dutch Translate to English Translate to Finnish Translate to French Translate to German Translate to Greek Translate to Hindi Translate to Italian Translate to Japanese Translate to Korean Translate to Norwegian Translate to Polish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Romanian Translate to Russian Translate to Spanish Translate to Swedish
Download this Cross-Cultural Communication Tool from Get International Clients
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog and does not in any way represent the thoughts, opinions, intentions, plans or strategies of any other person or entity other than me. Unless otherwise noted, almost all of the pictures are owned by me and cannot be used without permission. No bad intentions are intended to and from this site. World peace! c",)