Adsense

Singapore: Changi Airport


Lucky for me this year to visit Singapore without any plans like in the near future but thanks to my sister, who provided me the plane tickets the day before they left the Philippines. We took the early morning flight so that we could stroll the remaining time of the day. After the 3 hour flight from Manila to Singapore, we finally reached Singapore's Changi Airport.


We took the Singapore's flag carrier, the Singapore Airlines which is really expensive for me or not, maybe it is because of the last minute buying of the tickets that made it really expensive. So its better to book earlier!


Upon arriving, we are welcomed by the carpeted floors and well lit signs to where we could get our luggages. The Changi Airport is really spacious and full of amenities like the LCD TVs for the flight information and they also have free internet kiosk for the passengers to use.


Like any other airports, Duty Free is available within the premises of the airport. Before reaching the Immigration, you could check information stalls near the toilets or any where scattered within the airport for numerous free city maps and transportation information. Some even offer discounts in their establishments.


There are no other flights arrived the same time as ours, thats why the other luggage belts are empty. See that the luggage belt was already in number 37, so think how big the airport was.


This is a wall near the exit of the airport, which welcomes you to Singapore! You have the option to ride a bus that would drive you to your hotel with the other passengers as well, its like a carpool. If you are lucky and your hotel is the last to be in the list, you could have a joyride sightseeing the beautiful buildings in Singapore.

You may also take a taxi, which is more expensive like in any other country or you may take the train which is located at the basement of the airport if you could navigate yourself to your hotel.


When I was about to leave Singapore, which really made me feel sad because I was already leaving an awesome place. A huge departure board welcomed me, which I only see in films and took a minute to verify my flight back to Manila.


I was in a hurry because my flight was less than 2 hours when I arrived and I have to navigate the airport alone. Yes, I was returning to Manila alone and riding the airplane all by myself, which is a first time for me.


Other people without flight could still enter the departure area unlike in Manila, specifically Terminal 1 and 2 where you should show your passport and/or plane tickets before entering the airport. In Terminal 3, you could enter the departure area and even eat at the 2nd floor.


After checking my luggage and presenting my passport, you could wait or kill some time on man-made pond with huge Koi, real trees and ferns.


See the spacious lobby for a not so huge country? This time I had to check my gate number since you could go left or right after passing by the immigration.


If only I had more time, I would like to do a window shopping from the retail outlets. This is one of the retail outlets, the Ferrari.


See the free use of internet from the background, which I told you earlier. Orchids used here are real!


The end part of the hallway was the gate proper and walkalators are available after the long walk.


See the time here, my flight was at 14:00, so I better hurry up!


Just before the departure gates, these beautifully nature-themed waiting areas caught my attention, nice! See you again Singapore... c",)

Comments :

1
i♥pinkc00kies said...
on 

i simply love their airport!! wooot :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Translate to Arabic Translate to Bulgarian Translate to Simplified Chinese Translate to Traditional Chinese Translate to Croatian Translate to Czech Translate to Danish TTranslate to Dutch Translate to English Translate to Finnish Translate to French Translate to German Translate to Greek Translate to Hindi Translate to Italian Translate to Japanese Translate to Korean Translate to Norwegian Translate to Polish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Romanian Translate to Russian Translate to Spanish Translate to Swedish
Download this Cross-Cultural Communication Tool from Get International Clients
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog and does not in any way represent the thoughts, opinions, intentions, plans or strategies of any other person or entity other than me. Unless otherwise noted, almost all of the pictures are owned by me and cannot be used without permission. No bad intentions are intended to and from this site. World peace! c",)