Adsense

Flight to Hong Kong International Airport


This is my year end ultimate trip for 2012. I have been preparing this since 2011. I was only supposed to travel with my brother only but last minute also included my mom for our trip. This is another first from my travel adventures since I was with my sister and her boyfriend last May 2010 in Singapore and with my high school friend together with his college friends on my Bangkok tour last October 2010, now I'm with my brother and mother.



This would absolutely be my 5 days/ 4 nights Hong Kong-Macau dream vacation. I was very excited because it's been an ultimate dream to be in Disneyland since I grew up watching their cartoons and movies and finally I am going there!


For my preparations, I got a Hong Kong booklet from the 2012 Travel Expo at SMX for free. I booked our flights with Cebu Pacific's PhP 1 seat sale. Booked our hotels from Java Lava Manila for $220 per person with transfers included. I also borrowed two Octopus cards from my friends who has been there before. Exchange my Philippine Peso to Hong Kong Dollar at Sanry's in Glorietta for PhP 1 =  HKD 5.4.


Our flight from Manila through Cebu Pacific left Manila earlier than 5 minutes before its departure time at 5:40am so we arrived at the Hong Kong International Airport at around 7:40am earlier.



Our flight went smoothly as well as our landing but unfortunately we didn't saw Hong Kong from its bird's eye view because of the foggy and rainy weather. We were just surprised that we were already at the runway with a view to the sea.

Just went down the airport's tarmac and straight into the airport bus going to the main building. The airport's runway was very spacious because of the numerous planes parked connected to the tubes while other planes were parked at the open tarmac.



A thermoscan welcomed every passenger when we went out of the bus and entered the building. Be alert for the sign to where your luggage will be picked up because their airport have a really numerous luggage counters then we went off towards the immigration and got our luggages.


As instructed in our itinerary, we should be waiting for our guide at Exit B Post number 19 around 8:30 am but our guide was 15 minutes late to add up more on our waiting time, we have to wait for another group to arrive from Manila too.


While waiting, I decided to load up my mom and brother's Octopus card, which I borrowed from two of my friends who already been here and got myself one too. By the way, it is better to have your peso changed in Manila (Sanry's in Glorietta is better than Czarina; 1 HKD = 5.40 PHP). Loaded the cards 100 HKD each as well as mine but I have to pay an additional 50 HKD for the card's deposit fee for getting a new one. The deposit fee is refundable with the terms that you are going to return it after 3 months but if less than 3 months there's a charge of 7 HKD for the handling fee.




Airport's scale model


Left the airport at 9:30 am, and went straight to our hotel then had brunch since the check-in time was still at 2 pm.




These were some feast for the eyes from the airport going to our hotel. We were allowed to check-in late so that we could start exploring Hong Kong right away. Our first stop was Ngong Ping 360!

Comments :

0 comments to “Flight to Hong Kong International Airport”

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Translate to Arabic Translate to Bulgarian Translate to Simplified Chinese Translate to Traditional Chinese Translate to Croatian Translate to Czech Translate to Danish TTranslate to Dutch Translate to English Translate to Finnish Translate to French Translate to German Translate to Greek Translate to Hindi Translate to Italian Translate to Japanese Translate to Korean Translate to Norwegian Translate to Polish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Romanian Translate to Russian Translate to Spanish Translate to Swedish
Download this Cross-Cultural Communication Tool from Get International Clients
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog and does not in any way represent the thoughts, opinions, intentions, plans or strategies of any other person or entity other than me. Unless otherwise noted, almost all of the pictures are owned by me and cannot be used without permission. No bad intentions are intended to and from this site. World peace! c",)