Adsense

Vikings


It's been my dad's birthday around the corner so my family and I decided to leave ourselves from work and just relax and celebrate his birthday. I already planned having our dinner at Robotosan but postponed it the last minute when my office mate told me that Vikings had a promo for the birthday celebrants up to September this year. Too bad it won't be applicable to my birthday!


My brother had already tried Vikings before but he tried it during lunch hours. My parents was expecting that we were going to had our dinner at Robotosan but I surprised them that we are going to Vikings.


When we arrived, a long queue welcomed us outside. Reservations was really a must when it comes to  places like this without any other branches within the country. My reservations the other day really helped us to be accommodated right away thus we are 51st behind the queue and there was no guarantee to what time we are going to have our dinner then.


Most of the tables near the buffet tables were already reserved and for those walked-in guests they are placed at the both ends of the buffet table. The staff really had a superb service, accompanied us to our table, explained that if we ordered something that would take time to wait, we'll just to say to them what table number we are seated so that it will be delivered directly to us.


Here's one of their two buffet tables located at the center of their establishment with both ends serving more viands freshly cooked and prepared by their chefs.


If you want to celebrate any occasions here or watch live sports game, they also had a private room with huge TV projector.


Let us start my very own feast! Browsed the buffet tables to find their soup for a starter and got this, Tofu and Seafood soup, which really started to warm me up on my gastronomic adventure. There are more soups like the Asparagus Soup and the Spicy Beef Soup.


After gulping on my soup, I got back on my feet again to find my first plate but I got to see this little tea pot from the Japanese section of the buffet, which was the Miso Soup, my forever favorite and damned it was really addictive. I was planning to get another pot but I had to reserved my tummy for more food to try.



These were few of their tempting appetizers served on bread or you may opt to place the toppings on a cracker.



Cold cuts were available too from sliced hams, century eggs, seaweeds, tofu, cheese and nuts.


Fresh baked breads were also offered placed in a glass warmer, butter located at the sides.


Blinis could be topped with different kinds of caviar, capers, onions and egg mimosa


This is their different types of salads that were already been mixed up but you have an option to make your own at the opposite side of the buffet table.


For Plate 1: I had the salad and caviar plate, consists of Waldorf Salad (white), Grapes and Olives Salad, Thai Mango Salad, German Potato Salad (yellow) and the Pomelo Cucumber Salad. I placed the assorted caviar over the Waldorf Salad instead of placing it on the blini with the capers. The blini was really soft and tasty and each salad had its unique one of a kind flavor!


For Plate 2: I had the viand plate. I didn't had a photo of these viands from the buffet table because they were placed in a closed steel warmer. I got this fish and chips, Norweigan meatballs, roasted beef sauteed in red wine, Cordon Bleu, lemon buttered potato wedges, beef with ampalaya and something like a baked seafood. The one that tickled my tastebuds was the roasted beef sauteed in red wine, its red wine really gave it an empowering taste.


Craving for some lechon? They also have it but baked in small portions.


The Chinese section had its chicken feet, noodles, dimsums, roast turkey and steamed buns like Xiao long bao, cuapao, siopao, taro pao and fried Mantao. Try this fried Mantao, the bread melts in your mouth and its sweet!

You could also have a shabu shabu or hot pot style, just asked the staff for it and they'll give you one in your table.


For Plate 3: The Chinese plate. I got sharksfin, Xiao long bao or the soup dumpling, pork/beef siomai, hakaw and the most yummy and interesting the taro pao. I really felt in love with the taro pao with its mouth melting bread and ube. I wanted to get more of it and just take some home!


The Japanese section really looks interesting because the tuna fish where the sashimi was taken, served as its serving plate and same goes with the salmon.



Wide variety of sushi!


The famous Japanese food would never be left behind, the Tempura!


For Plate 4: The Japanese plate. To name a few from outer top, I got the Vikings Special, Octupus Roll, Barcelona Roll, Avocado Wrap, Korean Roll, Salmon Sashimi, Tuna Sashimi, Hawaiian Roll, Tuna Tataki and Octopus Sashimi. To complete my Japanese plate, I also tried sake! This plate took me time to consume and really made me feel full because of the rice. The Korean Roll standout because of its unique taste. I just didn't swallow the Octopus Sushi because of its rubbery texture, its hard to chew.


The drinks were already included to the price you pay so its drink-all-you-can! From left to right, they have filtered water, dalandan, four seasons, grapes. carrot juice, strawberry lemonade, pineapple juice and black gulaman. They also serve light and strong coffee, iced coffee, jasmine green tea, sake, beer and wine. The drink of the day varies like when we were there, it was Choco Peanut Vanilla. 



Grilled meats were also served from barbeque, kebabs, yakitori, hotdogs. Fishballs were present too!


Raw fish and sea foods were displayed that could be grilled to perfection and could be delivered right to your table.



Pizza and pasta was the only Italian food they had. The pasta could be cooked with your own choice of pasta shell and sauce.


Buffets won't be complete without the desserts. Create your own halo halo or ice shavings!


Most buffet restaurants only had one chocolate fountain but Vikings had three, the chocolate, strawberry and ube fountain!



Rice cakes, miniature cakes and pastries were everywhere. Too bad, I didn't had a chance to try them because I'm already full, although I still have more time to rest, my mom was already having an after effect from food overload.


They also serve fresh fruits like orange, honeydew, watermelon and pineapple. See that portable cotton candy maker? Cool! Crepe, puto bumbong and bibingka tops it all. Candies for the kids and kids at heart was also for grabs! What else could you asked for huh?


These were the desserts my brother got. Just had to take pictures of them to show you but just tasted the one of the shot glass which was the mango mousse.


This was the best part! Desserts wouldn't be complete without the ice cream! I got the dark chocolate, avocado and cookies and creme. All of the three were very delicious but the dark chocolate was heaven!


See I just got two more scoops of that dark chocolate ice cream, I'm really into it! To top my Vikings buffet, I had two cups of hot Jasmine Green Tea, which was very soothing and relaxing.


It was my dad's birthday so his meal was for free plus they gave him a miniature cake. The staff was supposed to sing him a birthday song. However, due the number of customers that night everyone was busy doing their work they just handed us the cake and apologized.


The dinner buffet for adults during a weekday was worth Php 888 per person 5% service charge not included while the lunch buffet was Php 688. For weekend its worth Php 1,088 for lunch or dinner.

Prices for the kids depends on their height. 

For weekdays:
4ft to 6ft lunch Php 388, dinner Php 588; 3ft to 4ft lunch Php 288, dinner Php 388.

For weekends:
4ft to 6ft lunch or dinner Php 688; 3ft to 4ft lunch Php 488,
Kids below 3ft is for free. 

75 years old and above will have a 50% special discount on holidays, weekdays and weekends.

I think Vikings already top my buffet experience among the other buffets I've been to when it comes to food and service. I would definitely be back soon! I wish they could extend their birthday promo until December!  c",)

~~~~~
Vikings
Building B
San Miguel By The Bay
Seaside Boulevard
SM Mall of Asia
Pasay City
T: 846-3888, 846-4888, 846-5888



Comments :

0 comments to “Vikings”

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Translate to Arabic Translate to Bulgarian Translate to Simplified Chinese Translate to Traditional Chinese Translate to Croatian Translate to Czech Translate to Danish TTranslate to Dutch Translate to English Translate to Finnish Translate to French Translate to German Translate to Greek Translate to Hindi Translate to Italian Translate to Japanese Translate to Korean Translate to Norwegian Translate to Polish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Romanian Translate to Russian Translate to Spanish Translate to Swedish
Download this Cross-Cultural Communication Tool from Get International Clients
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog and does not in any way represent the thoughts, opinions, intentions, plans or strategies of any other person or entity other than me. Unless otherwise noted, almost all of the pictures are owned by me and cannot be used without permission. No bad intentions are intended to and from this site. World peace! c",)